IRX is pleased to announce 6 conferences held over two days in our three Conference Theatres. Each year interest in our conferences has far exceeded capacity so for 2013 we’re increasing our provision to 6 conferences in three Theatres.
IRX has made a mark as the largest event in multichannel retail and ecommerce and 2013 blends 150 exhibitors, 6 conferences, a dozen workshops and numerous events and experiences over two intense days at the NEC in Birmingham.
Attracting a gamut of retailers and digital professionals from Europe’s largest retailers to entrepreneurs, there is a clear focus on learning and insight to drive commercial success – a blend of key suppliers, industry experts and peer insights.
The conference themes (full information available here) are IRIS (Internet Retailing In-Store), International and cross-border, “SoLoMo” [social-local-mobile], The Customer, Online Merchandising and Selling, and Operations and Logistics. We are covering the gamut of multichannel activity.
The Conferences form a vital part of the experience for our 5,000 visitors and we invite you to apply to present. Successful sessions are:
- case-study or research-led: we are looking for insights born of hands-on commercial experience or genuine and rigorous research
- highly-actionable – you will translate your experience into ideas for action along with practical suggestions to avoid pitfalls and gain advantage
- focused on industry transformation – whether reacting to threats or seizing opportunities: what do you perceive that could change our industry?
IRX is a high-profile, well-attended and very relevant platform to raise or cement your profile. Speakers will benefit from:
- promote in event marketing as a speaker, in targeted mailings as well as the InternetRetailing and eSeller Media newsletters
- Speaker and IRX feature in InternetRetailing’s print magazine
- Post-event video and conference channel (IR.TV and our YouTube channel)
- Editorial interviews and profiles of speakers in our newsletter as well as by the Conference Directors
- Promotion in our event preview sent to all registered visitors
- Featured in the official Show Guide distributed to all visitors
- Active engagement in our social and business channels – 9,000 on Twitter and 25,000 in our LinkedIn group.
This is an opportunity for credible expert speakers to gain recognition for their experience and insights. ACT NOW to register your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need to know who you are, the proposed title (20 words max), a content outline (75 words), what a delegate will gain by hearing you (50 words) and about you (50 words, plus Linkedin profile link or website).
- review the Conference outlines to determine the best for you
- complete our the expression of interest information and send to us by 14 December 2012
- if our Conference Directors are interested in your suggestion they will contact you to discuss the content, format and delivery dates.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS NO CHARGE TO SPEAK!
We select our speakers entirely upon editorial merit and interest to our delegates.
Conference sponsors have a Sponsor’s Keynote speaking slot and if this is of interest please contact email@example.com to discuss availability and the sponsorship benefits.
The increasing complexity of the digital media landscape and the sustained pressure on advertising budgets present daily challenges for modern marketers. It is perhaps inevitable therefore that Transparency in media trading is an issue that is attracting increasing attention and concern for media budget holders.
At MediaSense, we address “the transparency issue” from a different perspective. While forensic accounting and legal counsel has a place in the debate, this will not change the direction the industry is heading in. [more…]
Around 100 marketers have booked on to attend the digital marketing conference, On The Edge, being held in Bristol, 19th March. If you’re coming along, why not introduce yourself to the other attendees by replying to this post. We find this helps to break the ice and means you’ll know more people when you get there! To book your ticket or to find out more information, just click here: http://ontheedgelive.co.uk/bristol
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has appointed Kirsten Stagg as its new Head of Marketing, with effect from 11 March 2014. In her new role, Stagg will report directly to Alex Smith, Director of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, and will be responsible for spearheading the brand’s marketing activities in the UK.
Stagg (above) joined the Volkswagen Group as a graduate in 1998. Since then she has progressed through the organisation, holding marketing roles at ŠKODA, Audi and most recently Volkswagen Passenger Cars as National Communications Manager where she orchestrated several high profile advertising campaigns including the recent Woofwagen range campaign. [more…]
By Simon Martin, Deputy Creative Director, Table19
I’m not anti-technology or digital, I’ve got all sorts of gadgets, but recently I’ve found myself getting more and more irritated by the need of advertising and marketing types (and everyone in between) to get me involved on a social level. Of course, technology has a massively important part to play in everyday life. But people are realising that it shouldn’t have this overarching power. It shouldn’t control our lives; it should just be a part of it. Advertisers and marketers would be wise to realise that, too.