— Will Corry (@slievemore) August 31, 2016
When one discusses the top movies to come out of the UK, the first name that often comes up isn’t tied to just one film but a whole genre of films. The unique works of Alfred Hitchcock created a whole new genre of scary movies based on implied fear, and have stood the test of time.
While other films have been lost or become outdated, the works of Hitchcock continue to draw loyal fans and attract new fans as well. His most well-known films include The 39 Steps, Sabotage, and The Lady Vanishes. While these films date back to the 1930’s, their focus on suspense, paranoia and human fear is ageless.
British publishing executive Bridget Jones is back for a third installment of the series based on the fictional columns of Helen Fielding. "Bridget Jones's Baby," directed by Sharon Maguire, finds Bridget (Renée Zellweger) forty-something and single after her divorce from Mark Darcy (Colin Firth).
When she meets a handsome American (Patrick Dempsey), her love life takes an unexpectedly turn and she finds herself 100 percent pregnant and only 50 percent sure who the father is.
Clarks, the UK’s leading footwear brand, has joined forces with Disney UK to launch an integrated media campaign which celebrates the release of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ new comedy-adventure Zootropolis, in UK cinemas from March 25th.
- First trailer has been released for the new all female Ghostbusters film
- It stars Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones
- But film was criticized after three white actresses all played scientists
- While Jones plays street smart NYC Subway worker - Patty Tolan
- Some have called out the movie saying it relies on racist stereotypes
- But Jones hit back on Twitter saying: 'Omg it's not science actually. 'It's a movie, shut up and go watch'
The company which successfully predicted the Best Picture Oscar winner in 2013, 2014 and 2015 – by analysing the web surfing habits of people with similar demographics to Oscar voters – today released its prediction ahead of Sunday’s 88th Academy Awards.
Digital advertising specialist Exponential predicts The Big Short will win the Best Picture Oscar, narrowly beating Spotlight. The Revenant and Room are the next most likely.
- 16% drop in US TV viewers last year, a six year low for the awards
- Brits unlikely to stay up late to watch the Oscars, short form videos will capture their attention
- Capturing the ‘second screeners’ on social media (70% of UK adults) now critical
Turkish Airlines have announced its partnership with Warner Bros. Pictures on the highly anticipated action adventure film, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The film features a pivotal scene aboard a 777 Turkish Airlines plane where Batman and Superman will face off for the first time ever on the big screen.
The film comes to cinemas worldwide on March 25, 2016.