The first of three promotions, the spring campaign launches this month and runs to the end of May 2012. This will be followed by two additional promotions for both the summer and autumn months this year.
Themed ‘Wash. Cut. Trim . Time for a spot of Spring grooming’ the spring campaign centres around a price promotion for three entry level garden products the STIHL RE 98 Pressure Cleaner (£179rrp), the VIKING MB 248 Petrol Lawn Mower (£259rrp) and the STIHL FS 38 Grass Trimmer (£149rrp).
Core campaign elements include:
- 12 week above the line advertising campaign in key broadsheets including The Daily Telegraph and The Times and specialist gardening magazines including BBC Gardeners’ World
- 12 week online banner advertising and pay per click campaign on key garden related websites
- Full point of sale collateral for Dealers comprising themed standee, hanging banners, floor vinyls, poster and seasonal product catalogues
- Insertion of almost 1m product catalogues into the Saturday Telegraph
- A bespoke microsite, www.stihlmakeover.co.uk, to support the new national customer competition to win a professional STIHL makeover for the garden worth £10,000 and supply of competition entry boxes to Dealers to receive completed entries downloaded from the microsite
Commenting on the campaign, STIHL marketing manager, Sean Larter-Conway said:
“STIHL is a power tool brand synonymous with premium performance and great customer service. It has been the brand of choice for many in the professional gardening trade since 1978. Last year we enjoyed a 4% increase in turnover in spite of the challenging economic climate, and this year we’re committed to further growth by expanding not only our professional but domestic garden market share.
This is why we are investing £1m in our first major series of seasonal sales promotions to put STIHL product power and performance into the hands of passionate domestic gardeners. ”
STIHL GB is the wholly-owned sales and marketing subsidiary of the global STIHL Group. Based in Camberley, Surrey, it is responsible for both the STIHL and VIKING brands across Great Britain. All products are sold exclusively through a network of over 600 specialist servicing Dealers.