“So as one looter was given four months for stealing two bottles of water, the average banker would be jailed for around eight billion years, though obviously they could be out in four billion for good behaviour”
When is Mervyn King resigning? Did he know what was going on and keep quiet, or did he not know what was going on? Prepare for a cosy little media/banking/political class stitch up – the first sign of which is Diamond’s hurried removal. ‘Club Rules, you see, old chap’
- No clear succcessor
- ‘A boardroom in chaos and turmoil’
- Was The Bank of England deputy going to get the blame
- Will that mean more resignations at the other banks?
- Barclays will probably have to go outside for new CEO
- No more ‘toughening it out’
- Barclay’s share price drops
- Decision made late last night
- Diamond had shareholder support
- He took Barclays up to third in the world – Premier League stuff
- Milliband says ‘Decision was necessary and right’
- ‘Sensible and pragmatic decision’ Conservatives
- Is it only restricted to Libor?
- Impossible to know where this will end – Investigations ongoing
- Diamond was with Barclay’s 16 years
- Is the FSA ‘a joke’ ?