The Weather Channel App, available now on Google Play on mobile and tablet devices, offers a simpler interface and stunning design for a more personal weather experience. The first major redesign of the app since 2009, the visual change is dramatic.
The app displays an immediate view of weather conditions with exact timing of when rain will begin and end, and offers a simple user interface, easier-to-find forecasts, improved map features, richer video offerings, and easier location management.
Continental Tyres is the exclusive launch partner of the new The Weather Channel App in the U.K. and will feature in the new full-screen ad unit, the branded background, within the app on mobile and tablet devices as part of a three week campaign. The home screen’s branded background offers weather-triggered, day parted creative for more relevant storytelling and a more integrated experience for both the consumer and advertiser. The campaign includes mobile banners on other screens within the app.
“The new design gives advertisers a stunning full screen display backdrop to integrate their brands into the actual weather. In a world of creative commoditisation, here is a mobile advertising product that works in perfect synergy with the content,” said Ross Webster, Managing Director, EMEA at The Weather Channel. “Different display creative will appear dependant on the current weather conditions and the time of day in the location searched. We know that weather affects everybody’s planning process, and this new advertising product enables advertisers to engage and converse with users on a real time basis.”
Peter Robb, from Continental Tyres, said; “The Android App partnership is an exciting first for Continental, and with wet weather grip and tyre safety at our core, what better way to help motorists plan ahead for long journeys than teaming up with The Weather Channel App.”
- Easier access to current conditions, severe weather information, hourly forecasts, 36-hour forecasts, and 10-day forecasts.
- An immediate narrative of what to expect, ie. “dry conditions will continue,” “expect rain until 4 p.m.,” gives users a better idea of how weather will affect their day.
- New localised maps and map layers include past and future radar, severe weather bulletins, and tropical cyclone tracking.
- Beautiful, relevant imagery and weather-triggered backgrounds.
- Simpler user interface for easy-to-use navigation and quicker access to information
- Improved management for saved locations enables a more intuitive user interface. Set up your favorites to take full advantage of new weather widgets and notifications.
- Option to expand detailed weather data that is collapsed for a better visual experience
- Share weather forecasts, maps, alerts and more with family and friends to Facebook, Twitter and other major social networks.
- Automatic updates of localised weather, using your current TruPointSM location, and a new refresh button for immediate updates.
- For the first time in the U.K., the app includes a future radar map layer and uses TWC’s TruPointSM technology to offer localised weather, pinpointed to an exact location.
The design and strategic direction of the new The Weather Channel App is an extension of the evolving brand of The Weather Channel and is based on designs of its next generation of products.
Make the most of every day with the help of The Weather Channel App for Android. The app is available from Google Play on mobile or tablet devices.